REALTY411

The Original Realty Magazine!

Mortgage Notes: Where Did They All Go?

Mortgage notes still offer one of the best investment opportunities out there. The big question right now is, where do you find them?

Many more investors have been turned on to the benefits of investing in mortgage notes over the past few years. Some have been doing it for themselves. Others have started small businesses around it. Many have come to use it as a channel for acquiring discounted real estate to rehab and flip or to add to their rental property portfolios. Others just love the passive income and high returns notes offer.

Unfortunately, mortgage notes for investing seem to have become far more scarce for the average individual investor or small firm. Those they can find are often more expensive and offer far slimmer spreads than they used to. What’s the deal with that? Where did all the good notes go? How can you find and invest in them?

Demand
With greater awareness of this asset class, we’ve also seen a far greater demand for them. That competition has eaten away at some of the inventory from the most obvious channels, while boosting the prices to a premium. This demand is coming from solo private investors, small companies, and even bigger funds who are eager to lock into appetizing deals while they last.

Changing Market Dynamics
An improving economy, rebounding credit, and rising home equity have all helped improve mortgage loan performance. At NNG Capital we are easily working out 70% of our loan notes to performing status with existing borrowers. Among the remaining 30% we are frequently achieving successful sales and negotiating deed in lieu arrangements.While we may have far better workout rates and success rates than many others, it still suggests that there are soon going to be even fewer non-performing mortgage notes out there to buy at discounts. There will always be a default rate and distressed situations, but they may be less accessible to the average investor.

Limited Access
To compound the above, those with the inventory have had to become far more selective in who they sell notes to as well. If you aren’t ready and able to put in at least $3M-$5M to make a purchase, banks just don’t want to talk to you. They want to move assets in bulk to the biggest, best qualified, who have proven track records of success and integrity. That eliminates most investors today.

Finding Notes
The good news is that there are still some options. NNG still releases some individual notes to investors looking to get started or add to their personal portfolios. And the NNG Capital Fund provides investors the ability to participate in our success and benefit from our size - both of which translate into relationships that yield bulk access to notes, deeper discounts, more value, and reliable results.

Investment Opportunities
Find out more about investing in secured debt and real estate, go to NNG Capital Fund

Views: 17

Comment

You need to be a member of REALTY411 to add comments!

Join REALTY411

Our investment publication is owned by active real estate investors. Our free educational network was created to help readers grow wealth.

About

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

Forum

Save up to $9,600 for every employee you hire.

Started by Larry Potter. Last reply by Larry Potter Jul 3. 2 Replies

Hello,Keeping businesses informed of new or expanded Federal Tax Programs is very important to us. We’ve identified a tax credit that Client Company immediately qualifies for and want to reach out to you personally.This program falls under the…Continue

Tags: Stryde, Solutions, GMC, Credit, Tax

FLIPPER RISK MITIGATION-Free 4 ALL

Started by Stan S-EcoFaire Int. May 1. 0 Replies

The Consortium Includes, The following discussion herein; which contains applicable information regarding if for a viable For Profit, and Non-For Profit opportunity to support local community establishments looking for a “risk-less” program for its…Continue

How can we help you in reaching your investment goals.

Started by Realty411 Magazine Dec 19, 2017. 0 Replies

Hello Everyone;Please let us know what we can do to help you in reaching your real estate goals.Thanks and have a nice day.Linda PliagasREALTY411Continue

Microcap fund

Started by Williamhawk Dec 4, 2017. 0 Replies

hello,Any recommendations? If we get a healthy pullback (though it’s hard to remember what one of those looks like) I am thinking of adding some SC or MC. I’ve had FDM on a watch list for some time ... I can’t recall why but last year I thought that…Continue

© 2018   Created by Realty411 Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service